Thứ Ba, 14 tháng 8, 2007

Update

Sorry for not updating since last week, last week was pretty busy with program wrapped up and still searching for a job.

CET held 2 farewell dinner for Vietnam Immersion group and Robertson Scholar group at Thanh Nien restaurant and Ngon buffet restaurant. I could enjoy 2 buffet night on the road hehe.

It's fast cause I just started and ran around doing stuff for CET, but now it's over and I still haven't found a job yet ;(

Julie went back to Sai Gon last week on Thursday night, I was so sad and sorry for Julie when she processed all bad news from the US. Anyway Julie, thanks for being good DC friend and your sense of humor making everyone closes together. I will alway remember the time you are in Ha Noi and Sai Gon ;)




Last weekend, my house mates Chris, Ben and I went to have Banh Xeo at Cho Lon. It's damn good and cheap too. After lunch we went to checked out new mall in China town - Parkson Hung Vuong Plaza (We made a joke this is Diamond for Chinese in District 5). This mall 's recently opened and supposed to be the biggest mall in Viet Nam (That was the advertising - but I am not sure about that). Actually, It's nice mall, has a lot of foreign brand names.

Walking around the mall, just window shopping. We stopped at the kids' toy display area and decided to check out little car with the remote control. So all members in this house ended up buying 3 cars and raced at home. Ben and Chris were really excited for this new game.

3 little racing cars


Luckily, I joined into the Berkley Alumni meeting which was held by Chris at High land Cafe in the same mall. Most of them are successful in their own career. Confidentially, I introduced my self to the group even I was not from Berkley and tried to market myself see if there were any chances for me . I got most of members' the contact. Minh - a local guy who work for PR company as PR manager is trying to hook me up with some PR companies in Sai Gon. Also Victor - who manages Windsor Plaza (where American club's at) offered me to try on his company with PR positon. That's cool but we'll see how are the interviews going later

Continuing my story, today (Tuesday) is a pretty easy day. I had nothing much left to do with CET, just tried doing some contact to arrange internships for students in Fall Semester in Ha Noi. I went to the gym then went to Windsord Plaza for interview. It's pretty good. I showed all my experiences with CET and my expectations in the future. BUT, at the end of the interview she said they want to find person who has experiences in Hotel PR. OK, fine lady so I am out. I went back home with a normal feeling, I believed taking many interview had made me find out more about myself and learn more about the job applying process.

Today is also Le's brithday (good friend from college that I still usually hang out with beside Thuy - also classmate who just got married 3 months ago , Didi from CET and Trang classmate from High school). We had goat's meat for dinner ( Vú dê nướng - yummy - and lẩu dê). After dinner we headed to my place and enjoyed cake from Tous les Jours bakery - it's delicious. I made some shaking Earl Grey tea for everyone then chilled and made fun each other. It's small and simple birthday but everyone enjoyed it a lot.




5 nhận xét:

Qúy Hạc nói...

nice little cars!

hac hao va viet se don den vietnam sang nam!

Unknown nói...

Phuong, it makes me so happy when you say "damn good"

Unknown nói...

I LOVE THE LITTLE CARS!!! Also, you could've gone into more details about the massage in Can Tho...hahaha

Hảo nói...
Nhận xét này đã bị tác giả xóa.
Hảo nói...

hey p,

update blog cua p di. tuan nay co gi moi ko? lop hoc cua h moi bat dau lai roi; it's going okay so far.

h moi di gap nhieu advisors trong truong de kiem sach ve giao duc cua nuoc ngoai ma co he thong xa hoi chu nghia de viet giay ve cai viec nghien cuu mua he o sg.